View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 12:26 AM
anon122822

anon122822

What was the dosage that your husband was on that resulted in his serotonin going to zero? And what was the dosage that he was moved to after that test?

How much better are his symptoms compared to when he started?

In terms of what changes are immediate and which can take longer, your husband should expect 90-100% relief of depressive or other neurotransmitter related condition symptoms once both the serotonin and dopamine are established in the phase 3 therapeutic ranges. This is contingent on him being a three phase patient, which I am assuming he will be/is, rather than a dopamine dominant patient in which case things would be different. The average amount of time needed to establish both in the phase three ranges is 3.2 tests from what I have read. So if he were to average 1 test a month, then if he were an average patient he should expect stabilization in 3 months. With averages of anything, he could require less than 3 tests or he could require more. Depending on the amount of tests needed will determine the amount of time needed for relief of symptoms. Once the serotonin and dopamine are optimized in phase 3, he will then stay on that dosage. If there is still some residual symptoms remaining, they could be related to Norepinephrine, or Epinephrine function, which take longer to stabilize. Norepinephrine taking 1-3 months, and Epinephrine taking 3-6 months.

But most patients achieve full relief when the serotonin and dopamine are both put in the phase 3 therapeutic ranges, so that is what you should expect to happen in his case as well.

In regards to your other situation with having RLS, from what I have read, they consider RLS to be Stage 0 Parkinsons disease, as in it is the earliest sign of its presence, and is an indication of high likelihood of further progression. My personal opinion on what you should do is first have a thorough conversation with Dr. Oler over what he thinks the best course of action is to first relieve your current condition, as well as prevent any form of progression. After doing that you could either wait until your husband is done with the protocol and has achieved relief of symptoms as this would lower the financial burden on you, or you could simply choose to do it at the same time as him. You could talk to Dr. Oler about just getting on a maintenance dosage that would keep your Methylation in check to prevent any progression, until your husband is done with the protocol. Ultimately though, it is all up to you.

With treatment of RLS, you should be aware of the fact that you will be undergoing a different treatment modality than your husband. RLS is treated as a dopamine dominant disease which has less focus on using tests, higher L-dopa administration, pill stops, and can have more initial side effects that need addressing via 5-htp administration adjustments. The dopamine dominant treatment can be easier and quicker depending on the amount of L-dopa needed, and if side effects present themselves that require addressing. As I stated earlier, I would discuss everything with Dr. Oler before making a decision on what to do.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote