View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There have been many studies that show vascular improvement without commensurate improvements in function. HBOT shows vascular (capillary) improvement. The correlation with functional improvements is not direct. If they did some Neuro Psych Assessment testing instead of the subjective questionnaire, their success rate claims would be more justified.

Have you actually read their many papers ? They are about fMRI but little about post concussion treatments. At least, I did not find any substantial reporting. They appear to have a marketing person working hard to present their protocol as greater than sliced bread. They have trademarked fNCI since I last browsed their web site. I get very suspect when I see so much 'sell the sizzle' promo.

If they have tied into Tom Brady, why have they not tied into Mass General and their concussion clinic or any of the premier concussion research labs ?

I would be overjoyed to see it proved beneficial by an outside assessment. Some real FDA style clinical data would be great. They make claims that push the limits of FDA standards. Why ?

Their protocol is so one dimensional. I am curious as to how it overcomes the neurofibrillary tangle dysfunction that research shows to be a strong contributor to symptoms. UPMC has charted 80% of concussion symptoms tied to upper neck injuries. I wonder what the neck therapy contributes to the recovery ? Blood flow can be seriously impacted by neck inflammation.

So, they leave lots of questions while making such extreme claims.

As I said, I'm not saying it does not work. If you can afford the financial risk.....? I'd love to see you receive benefit from it.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AeroDan (07-12-2018)