View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 03:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

CE,

I missed 2 summers of water skiing and 2 winters snow skiing....fortunately I am back at both 2.5 years later, it will be 3 years in April since my accident.

I can tell you that despite the problems I am in good shape again and my time on skis is really deeply appreciated as never before. It was a driven passion, now it is a blessing that brings joy, same goes for my time at the gym.

My nagging deal on the water is when I first come out of the water all the motion of the water from the boat churning the water around it, the wake and wind/breeze making ripples can be confusing.

I also have trouble in the gym when the treadmills are busy...there are 60 machines and when they are full all the legs moving and the different colors of the women's clothes moving are a bit overwhelming at times but I figure ways around it all.

I don't know if this will make sense to you, it is my theory. I believe what happens is pre accident I was able to filter out motion that was inconsequential to the chore at hand...it was automatic. Now, I must conciously filter and categorize fast paced and busy motion. It is quite learnable.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote