View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 03:47 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

I guess you're right. Trying to measure things that really cannot be measured (i.e semantic memory) only serves to make my anxiety worse, which in the grand scheme of things isn't good at all.

It's always been a habit of mine, that is trying to measure or rationalize things that really can't be reasoned with - only that it made things seem worse than they actually are. I keep reminding myself that recovery takes time, and that the more I stress about it, the longer it's going to take.

Now that I think of it, I would say the memory issue is mainly down to the anxiety, and that I'm just going to let things take their course. I've always been a bit of the worrying type. But sometimes the best solution is to surrender myself to the circumstances and just to focus on what is important.

I'm going to take a while off sparring, and return to it when I feel well enough to do so. While I've always felt the need to measure things or quantify them into numbers, I can't exactly do that with my health.
VincentH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote