View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Isle,

My bet is you are probably not concussed...I have taken some pretty hard knocks to the head this summerfalling on a ski (with a helmet on) and walked into a wing quite firmly with no problems.

I will say that anxiety does flare up over some whacks and can present its own set of symptoms, especially if we anticipate them occurring.

An odd one the other day for me...I tilted my head back like always in the shower to rinse shampoo off with no thought to it since my injuries have healed 2 years ago. As soon as I felt the water hit a shot of adrenalin pulsed through me from thinking I might get hurt! Where did that come from!

Bud
Thanks Bud. I really appreciate the response. I don't know or think this reached the threshold to be diagnosed as a "concussion." I also think, barring any physical injury, it is a useless endeavor to try to glean how much damage actually occurred.

That said, the mental aspects of this have been pretty rough. Today, the thoughts of wanting to die have subsided a bit, so that's obviously a positive development. There's nothing else I can do right now outside of just giving this time and waiting for it to heal on its own.

I'm glad you were able to go skiing with no ill effects. Thanks for the kind words.
islesftw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote