View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, man, Kathleen. I am so sorry sweet Becca is having such a tough time. Ugh. I REALLY hate seizures!!

We have never had ths problem- EEGs usually are a temporary cure for Langan's seizures, at least until she gets unhooked from the monitor.

My thoughts, for what they are worth?

-is it possible she is getting sick? Langan always picks up a bug or two at the hospital, and her seizures go haywire a few days before we see the symptoms.

-how much ativan did they give her? We have seen seizures as a result of withdrawal from ativan if we have had to give a large amount and then it is stopped. I know some docs don't believe in the whole withdrawal seizures problem, but we've seen it first-hand.

I hope Becca bounces back soon. I know that ativan grumpiness well. An adult I know told me that it causes her massive headaches the day after she takes it, so I wonder if that's why the kiddos are so unhappy coming off of it??

(((((hugs)))))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote