View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Unhappy Trouble getting eye glasses.

I couldn't get on the forum yesterday after my eye glasses exam because I felt so depressed.

I had a eye exam to get better eye glasses because I had not had them checked in about five years.

I went to the eye doctor that I was recommended to go to buy my case manager. I went there, and filled the forms out.

They started checking my eyes in one room, then another. Then I went to get the right frames. They decided on trifocals. She would not take my medicare, Medicaid card saying it was a prescription medication card. The girl was young.

Then I went into the doctors office again, and got some information to read about my eyes.

Then I went out, and they said to pay 20 dollars. I said that I was told that I wouldn't have to pay anything.

The girl who helped me pick my frames said that the Lions club won't buy trifocals. I said why not. Then she took me back to the back, and showed me glasses that looked like children's eye glasses. She said I can take my pick from those. I picked one out, and she took them away, and said that they where going back. I didn't know what to think.

After this experience, I felt about 1 inch tall, very ashamed, and angry.

I went to my case manager, and she said that they made a mistake. She said that she will be going over there to explain.

I feel very depressed right now. Don't I have a right to have glasses? BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-19-2017), mymorgy (01-20-2017), OhKay (01-21-2017)