Thread: Gastro problems
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Gastro problems

Hi all,

I'm having awful stomach problems. I've had a dodgy tummy for a while but it has become really pronounced the last few weeks. Does this sound like gastroparesis?

I feel very nauseous particularly in the morning. It feels like my body wants to turn itself inside out when it's this bad. It's gurgling and feels acidic inside. I have absolutely no appetite. Eating and wanting to eat is difficult. Cooking smells make me feel sick. As the day progresses it often improves and then I'm really hungry.

Excuse this graphic description but stools are awful and not fully formed but not diarrhoea. I can go a few days not going but then have days where I have to go urgently and it's as above.

This problem was around when I first got Sfn and I had a colonoscopy and gastric emptying test. He couldn't see anything bar minor inflammation in one section. The gastric emptying showed rapid emptying. He put it all down to anxiety.
I have awful anxiety at the moment due to feeling so unwell and the terror of it all with a small child. But I don't believe for one minute this is all anxiety.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote