View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

thats true Mark,
Blood flow isn't directly correlated to functional improvements, though if you are consistently redirecting blow flow away from activity associated with consistent concussion biomarkers and towards normative data then I would contend to say that you are headed in the right direction. If these changes are correlated with improvement in symptoms, then I'd say you really had something to try.

I am sold, at least to give it a shot in 2 months time from now. Its still hard to believe, but its also hard to pass up something that is getting amazing results. My friend who had a pretty bad case of PCS for a year, was 95% recovered in the 5 days there, and in the 6 months since then he has recovered the final 5% by doing his home exercises. I was blown away from his story.

I found the NT feed you were referring to under 'mental bootcamp' I believe. The NT participant didn't claim to get much results, but he did say that at least 2 people in his group did have major improvements. The other three participants in his group he was not able to talk to, so he can't say one way or the other with them. So in my loose independent polling that is three people with major changes and one with little to none. Its not a great sampling, but it gives a bit more credence to their claims at least.

btw - traditional neuropsychological testing is not as robust as you claim it to be. There are many false negatives. I am one of them. I actually tested above my education level when I was 6 months into my PCS and having lots of problems with symptoms. The functional MRI that they employ incorporates some neuropsychological testing into it while the subject is being scanned, for whatever thats worth... That is the basis of their three research papers and the foundation of their program. They have a paper on their website that is all about their treatment results. They told me they are currently deciding between journals to send it to for publishing, whatever that means. I am choosing to believe them at this point.

Anyhow, I'll try to write back in and share my experience and results. Thanks again for your input.
shanebox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote