Thread: No t.v. news
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 01:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I totally understand.
I'm not sure there are news stations that don't have at least a slight slant politically.
I personally think this type of thing is horrible. I have some background in journalism and the news media today is abhorrent to me.
I was taught just the facts...who, what,why, when, where and how...get a variety of opinions / views from experts etc. Don't show your personal opinion.
Opinion is for opinion pieces only.
I think PBS might be more or less ok. I honestly don't even know!
So, if most of the news you watch tends to have a slight slant to it, like it or not, you are being influenced.
I personally just think it is healthier to get the facts and form your own opinion and then now and again watch something that is clearly slated as an opinion piece simply because that is what you like and enjoy.
AND this last election was sooo over the top (IMHO) with rhetoric, upset, anger....it left me cold and at times nervous.
I haven't stopped watching the news, but have CUT BACK A LOT and we actually watch a few different channels when we do.
Very disappointed in the media and how negative everything seems to be.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-21-2017), Brokenfriend (01-22-2017), Mari (01-23-2017), mymorgy (01-23-2017), OhKay (01-23-2017)