View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wildberry2277
I have CRPS, also known as RSD.

Most of your symptoms do sound like RSD... but, I would be very careful if I were you concerning the injections.

There are a lot of things that the medical community does not understand about what we RSD'ers deal with. Everything, at this point, is "new" for treatment. Not that it hasn't been done before, but that the results are mixed.

For me, I have been advised by two doctors to never have any more injections of any kind... including pain blocks, IV's, blood draws, etc. (near my RSD sites, so, I have to have them below the waist level) I am not a candidate for any kind of SCS (spinal cord stimulator), or many other accepted forms of pain control for RSD/CRPS, and was told "no more surgeries unless it was a matter of life and death".

I run an RSD support forum, and most of my members are in agreement that having injections, blocks, etc. helped for a bit, but in the long term, only cause them more pain, because it tends to make the RSD "spread".

This has been the case with me, which is why I would advise you to be careful about allowing them to do any more of anything, until you have a diagnosis, and also to be careful after the diagnosis. Remember, it's your body, not theirs, you are the one who has to pay the price in the end. There has been much discussion on my forum lately about the progression and spreading of RSD, in fact it is one of the "hottest" topics there.

Mainiac, aka Meme