View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Would it be worth seeing a LLMD?

Hey all - will try to keep this short and sweet. I'm looking for some advice on what to do next.

Background info: 31 F, neuropathy started around the time I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Neuropathy cannot be linked to RA. Sjogrens negative, no PAIN with neuropathy, just a lot of tingling feet, legs, hands, burning in feet, legs, and mouth, numb feet. No weakness, purely sensory symptoms. Everything is worse as the day progresses.

I saw a neurologist the other day that I waited 3 months to get in to see and he told me I didn't have neuropathy, that I had anxiety and I hyperventilate. You can imagine how devastated I was by this because now I have wasted MORE time while I have worsened, just to see yet another doctor who won't help me.

I've never had lyme ruled out and I do have a dog that I take into the woods often for the past 5 years. We have plenty of ticks here in central Minnesota. My mom thinks I should see a LLMD and I did find one down the street from me that is supposed to be very good, but of course she's expensive. My mom isn't worried about the money, but I honestly don't feel like wasting money if it wouldn't be worth doing.

With my RA diagnosis and positive ANA (which I have read can be associated with lyme) I just don't know if there is any point in going down the avenue of lyme disease. I also don't know what else to do because I can't find a neurologist who takes me seriously. I would love to get IVIG but I can't find anybody who wants to take the time with me to figure out if this is autoimmune mediated or not.

And of course, I can get in to see this LLMD within a week. So, you guys are more educated on this topic than I am - is it worth doing? The money I would have to sink into this to even get the igenex testing AND see this doctor would be almost $2k.

Thank you!
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote