Old 01-22-2017, 11:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD
@hotfoot:

I am a firm believer that learning a bit of something each day
you will enrich yourself and appreciate nature so much more.

This link is really good and helpful for learning about birds:

During spring and early summer they run a Red Tailed hawk streaming cam that is fascinating too:

It is not live now however but will be soon.

I never was a camera buff or good at photography, but I finally did get a digital camera, and that changed me completely!
I use a Sony zoom automatic camera, and it allows me to zoom in on subjects that would be difficult to capture otherwise. Since 2006 I have had 2 of these cameras, and I do confess I don't have 100% abilities on all the features of them. My son is much better and uses a SLR type very well. sigh. Canon, Panasonic and Olympus now make these auto zooms, like Sony and really I think they are lots of fun. No film to be expensive, so you just delete your mistakes.

I am also an artist and have had some university level fine art experience as a post degree student. The design courses I took back in the early 70's have strengthened my compositions when taking photos. I also have an older Corel graphics program on my computers --Paint Shop Pro 9-- Which I use to crop and enhance photos that need improvement.
When I get off this laptop, I'll put up a few recent drawings to share on this thread. My recent files are on my desktop
Training myself and taking some courses in art, has taught me how to fail, and learn from mistakes and move on. Being an artist really teaches one nto be patient, and open to new experiences.

Apologies to Kiwi for the thread hijack!
mrsD- I looked at this yesterday and saw your sketches somewhere. You are an accomplished artist! Really lovely rendering, of the little visitors in the yard. I'm neither a photographer or a gardener or an artist and still appreciate the wildlife that seems to wander through the yard anyway. I like to do calligraphy. It's really relaxing and I've been doing it for many years. It requires a lot of patience and calm or the stress is noticeable in the lettering. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I do like that birding site, I think it's one that helped me decide I had robins nesting over my front door (of course if I waited a week or so they would have attacked me when I went outside and the mystery would have been solved.) 😊
You are so right about digital cameras, when you can take as many pictires as you want and then discard the "bad" ones, all the pressure is off the expensive developing. Thank you again! Hotfoot
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-23-2017), mrsD (01-23-2017)