View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The black dog has paid another visit accompanied by (at times) an overwhelming urge to drink. DB looking for "I" groups yesterday but unable to garner the energy to get off the bed or couch. His 2 days off spent horizontal. I'm hoping a combination of jet lag, flu & frustration with his sister is the trigger & it will soon pass. DB says he is not going to phone G anymore, her "poor poor me" attitude is depressing. He has an appointment with his psych on the 31st, it can't come soon enough. Strangely, even though he says he has an overwhelming urge to drink, I don't feel anxious over the statement. I hope I'm right to be so optimistic but for now, I think he has got this.
I looked at apps on iPads yesterday, I see there is a mood diary/ tracker for free (open to public) or $1.49 for private. Anyone think it's worthwhile me suggesting to DB he download it as a tool to help identify / manage depression triggers/ patterns? I don't want to wave a red flag at the raging bull.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 01-23-2017 at 10:27 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-25-2017), kiwi33 (01-24-2017), Wide-O (01-24-2017)