View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylee View Post
Hello I am new to this site. I have been having severe neck pain for several months. I had a MRI of my neck one week ago, my doctor called today and told me I have several perineural cyst on my neck C3,C4.C5.C6 and C7. My doctor said it is rare to have perinural cyst on the neck and I need to see a Neurosurgeon to get more information of what to do next. My question is has anyone on this site been given this diagnosis? My doctor originally did not want to order the MRI he felt it was not necessary because I had a x-ray of my neck is showed bone spurs and he thought the bone spurs were causing my pain and that I needed to have physical therapy to correct my neck pain. I let him know the physical therapy was too painful for me and I wanted to investigate further with a MRI. He did order it. He put on the order, MRI per patient`s request. I will hopefully see the Neurosurgeon soon. Any information I can get will be helpful to me.

Thank you,
Maylee
Hi Maylee

I see this is quite an old post and you are probably not so "new" here now. How did all your tests go??

I've just posted an introduction myself and am trawling through the forums searching for any information I can find to help me understand my MRI results while I wait for my next round of tests.

Like yours, mine shows possible perineural cysts .... T2 hyperintense lesions with the neural exit foramina, which "may represent incidental perineureal cysts ... or benign schwannomas"

Mine are at C7/T1 T1/T2 T2/T3 and T5/T6 - but since the MRI was only of my cervical spine to find out why I have neck and back pain and arm numbness, tingling and weakness (especially left) - i have been called back for a full chest CT to cover the thoracic spine. They also found a disc osteophyte complex of 3mm at C5/6.

I'd be interested in an update - as I'm sure you remember, this is all pretty scary!!!

Regards

Katherine (in Australia)
KatherineLB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote