View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:00 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay08 View Post
Hi Hotfoot! Welcome to this group. I am sorry that you have to deal with RSD, but there is hope. I have never tried SCS. I heard good things from people who were helped by it, and bad things from those who had equipment failures, more surgery, more pain, and infections. I am with those who say try all the least invasive procedures first.

I was happy to see that you have been receiving PT. I know that helped me immensely. I try to use all the little things that are non-medical but help reduce the pain, simple things like moist heat, soaking in warm water, covering up even in the summer to avoid pain from breezes, using pillows in the car to reduce pain from vibrations, stretching, and relaxation exercises. The most important thing for me is to keep moving. It is actually a balancing act between resting and moving.

I have had bad side effects from many medications, but I am able to tolerate ketamine infusions which I now receive every three months. A few days of feeling loopy is worth the pain relief for me. Sorry for rambling. I just want to say that you need to try what is available and find what is right for you. There is no "one size fits all" in the RSD/CRPS world.

Good luck and remember that there are others in this struggle with you and we are here for you whether it is to try and answer your questions or just offer an ear and support.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shay
Thank you Shay! I agree with doing the least invasive thing first. I'm still doing blocks and they do help me do more PT. My doc is also talking about ketamine but says I can only do day single day outpatient IVs once in a while bc of insurance. Everything I've been reading says it needs to be more- like a week of continuous infusion. If it's okay to ask, what schedule have you tried (optional question to answer though).
The gabapentin works for me but the long acting one was a nightmare. Everyone does need something a bit different I've been seeing.
Thank you for your greeting and your prayers and kind thoughts-
I'm here everyday with a willing ear also.
Hotfoot

I'm praying for everyone everyday with chronic pain
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (01-27-2017), RSD ME (01-24-2017)