View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Many of us deal with this. The thoughts of death need to be addressed if they are a problem.

Have you tried to simplify how you do your work ? I had to stop trying to use memory alone to do tasks. Multiple step tasks are the worst.

If you can describe the struggles you are having at work and the kind of tasks you need to do at work, maybe we can help you learn some work-arounds. Work-arounds can be lifesavers.
Thanks Mark. Really, I appreciate your response. I am seeing my therapist tonight so that should help with addressing those thoughts.

It's not so much that the actual work is an issue, it's more so me coming off as "slow" or "unintelligent" when I have to ask a zillion questions to my manager over what he expects me to do. I feel like it is negatively impacting my perception and reputation as I see him get visibly frustrated or annoyed when I keep asking. It's just an additional stress on top of whatever I am already dealing with.

Ultimately, I'll be ok and I'll get through this when everything is said and done. Today has been noticeably better and for that I am thankful. I just really needed to vent yesterday.
islesftw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote