View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update on my Mom

Hey everyone !

For anyone that doesn't halfway follow me (I totally understand ) my mom lives in an addition she built onto my house. I believe she moved in March of 2014.

Her mind was starting to slip at the time and we thought it would be a good idea for her to move up here with us. (there is only one house between mine and hers) She washed my dishes and my clothes which she had been doing for years as she was raising my kids. She said it was her 'job'.

Well she quit washing dishes and clothes a few months ago. Heck I don't care. It may take me 3 days to get the dishes done but I don't care. And now I only wash clothes once a week where she wanted to do them daily.....you should have seen me running around the house trying to find, usually, a clean blanket for her to wash.....lol

Anyway.......I came here today because I weighted her this morning and she's down to 69 lbs. She was at 85/86 for years but as her dementia advances so does her weight loss. Guessing they may go hand in hand ?

I left a message for her dr this morning letting him know. The lady I talked to said in Aug of last year she was 77 lbs and on Dec 1st she was 71.8 lbs on their scales. The dr called back and is going to send her a prescription for her to take at lunch and dinner.

She said she doesn't care that she weights 69 lbs ! She's still mobile but a little wobbly when she walks at times. Refuses to use the walker we got her or really do anything we ask.

Nothing tastes good to her and where she would finish a 'sweet' after dinner she only takes a bite or two now. Her breakfast is a banana sandwich which she was making until about a month ago and I took over that duty and add a lot of mayo for calorie sake

She refuses to eat lunch but will drink an ensure at 3:00 pm. She use to drink the whole thing now only half and says she will drink the rest later but she never does.

She looks like she has been in a concentration camp.....very sad.

Well thanks for listening....I just needed to write it all down. You guys are amazing.

She also smokes like a freight train....always has.....my kids say the nicotine is what's holding her together. She has very mild COPD and her blood oxygen is always above 95...crazy right ?

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-25-2017), eva5667faliure (01-27-2017), ger715 (01-24-2017), Kitty (01-24-2017), PamelaJune (01-27-2017)