View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 05:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I had somewhat of a breakthrough after working yesterday. I was at a computer screen all day yesterday, working pretty well. In the afternoon I had to do some work on paper, and could hardly focus my eyes to work while looking down. It was extremely hard to get it done. I then thought that I would go for a run just to test the waters. I ran a few miles on grass as my shins have been hurting with no change in symptoms. I pushed it hard at the gym last week, and noticed that I could row, bike, etc. pretty hard. As soon as I did any lifting my eyes went crazy, but after I relaxed my neck and took a break they were fine again. I think the sharp decline I had earlier this month was not from the cognitive strain of getting back to work after a break, but trying to lift more and not going to the NUCCA chiropractor long enough to have any long term healing.

This article kind of sums up what Mark has said so many times, but I never realized until now:
7. Concussion and whiplash — The Invisible Injury

I never thought about how much the neck can affect the ears and eyes, and other peripheral systems. It looks like I will be holding off on lifting, keeping up with the NUCCA chiropractor, trying to get better posture while working at a desk, and looking for a good PT.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote