View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Okay, So happy I have a few friends in Lafayette. And nice strangers.
Yesterday morning went to pick Derrick up from school to go to OT.
Found we had about 30 minutes, decided to go get him a drink.

Well got around a corner and my car went down. It wouldn't move. The tires were fine. An nice guy across the way came he had seen it not go. And I was in middle of the lane. He and Derrick tried to push me out of way. Car wouldn't budge. Another nice guy who I knew I could trust to try moving my car himself. After he asked me to see if it would go in reverse. Moved it back and then it went to side of road forward. With the other guy keeping traffic back so they and my car would not get hit. And me keeping Derrick out of way. He saved me a towing fee for sure.

He told me it was a tire rod that went out. And Derrick and I walked back to his therapy about a block or two down the road.
I got ahold of my friend Shannon and she came and got us.
My husband was coming after work. So I was going to Derrick's apartment to hang out with him and Dobey.
We went out to eat with Derrick and Chris her son. It was a nice afternoon.
We at spaghetti and Lagasna at Fazoli's. And I then helped follow my husband home. He then took the car to the shop after we had bought parts.

It turned out to be a productive day, other than I didn't get my sandwiches I was going to bring home to eat. He went with the mechanic who is a friend.
To see a friend of ours at the VA hospital and to eat.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-25-2017), Mari (01-25-2017), mymorgy (01-27-2017), OhKay (01-27-2017)