View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 11:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay08 View Post
I know that some insurance companies can be difficult when it comes to paying for ketamine infusions. I had to file an appeal to finally get them to cover it. My infusions started as a 2 week out patient. (5 days; weekend off; 5 more days.) They gradually increased the amount of ketamine each day. Each infusion lasted about 4 hours. After that there was a set schedule for boosters, but because my liver enzymes were off, I had to wait for 3 months before the next one. I am now on the 2 days every 3 months schedule and my liver enzymes have been good. I can't see how you can get the amount you need in just 1 infusion every once in a while. I sure wouldn't want to receive the full dose that I get now without it being titrated up slowly. It works for me, even though I couldn't follow the initial booster schedule.

Consider getting as much information as you can about it and filing an appeal. Some insurance companies will work with you. Otherwise if you have the finances for it consider private pay and shop around for price. Some places will work with you. Where I go the private pay price is up to $275 per infusion. For me that would be $550 every three months. There is another clinic nearby that charges $1500 per infusion. Big difference is that one is a medical school and the other is a private clinic.

You probably know that it doesn't work for everyone. There are also side effects, but there are also drugs to help counteract some of those side effects. As with every treatment, there is the chance it will help or not and the chance that the side effects will be mild for you or not.

Hope some of this information is helpful. Good Luck!

Shay
Shay,
Thank you! That is really good information for me. I've been asking a lot of questions of my doctor and getting info here plus researching medical/ pain science researchers to get a lot of ideas and opinions. For now the program I'm using is working, but I like to have something thought out in the wings in case I need it!
I'm glad for you that you've found something that works for you!
Best,
Hotfoot
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (01-27-2017), RSD ME (01-27-2017), Shay08 (01-27-2017)