Thread: just curious
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post The weight issue is an interesting one......

I have been overweight since I was about 6 years old, and have never been able to lose weight without nearly starving myself. I lost 10 Kg in my late teens/early 20s but I ate almost nothing and excercised like mad and was constantly hungry. That is not to say that a balanced diet and exercise are not important - eating McDonalds every day would certainly not be recommended ! But the way I look at it is that if I eat a relatively balanced diet and exercise regularly (by the way, has John ever tried skipping - with a rope, I mean? I find it is something I can do with very little hassle - I skip inside, on carpet (so I don't hurt my knees) have the music on, and can do it even when it is raining or cold outside. I also go swimming, which is good too.) and am still overweight, there is not much I can do about it. My dad's sister actually has the opposite problem. She is constantly eating, but doesn't put on a Kg, and is thin as a rake! It is all in the metabolism.

However, hydro can affect people in many ways, and who knows, they hypothalamus and pituitary gland could well be included in the parts affected, which will then impact on BSL levels.

Nat.
Nat Hyland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote