Thread: Emg
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:16 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winic1 View Post
I just had an emg yesterday. I was told to stop all mestinon at least 24 hours before the test, or it could affect the results. Were you told that for your daughter?

My emg involved a variety of arm and leg testing, with the pads in different places and the shocks also varying in place and strength. Then there was the needle testing, too. No neck and face this time, thankfully. Had that in the past. No fun.

My doc was puzzled that the emg didn't show anything, and my AChR is negative, but the mestinon is having a dramatic effect on me (it's only been a few weeks).
No she wasn't told to stop taking it, he didn't even know that she had had a positive blood test. Lack of communication in the NHS is amazing! Yours sounds like more of a proper test. I've read that Emg testing doesn't always show it up and doesn't give a definitive result. I presume that if mestinon is working for you they should keep you on it. I think if you have it and your blood test is negative I think they call it seronagative myasthenia gravis. Have they tested you for the musk antibodies?
vickypanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote