Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:47 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
How have you been feeling? I believe you mentioned some issues with the scs and were planning to have a lead replaced. Unfortunately, with so much scar tissue there was room for only one lead which limits how much it can cover. Have you noticed a big difference this one has stopped working?

The dos and don't lists , for the most part, are not too difficult to manage. I do have grapes daily which does contain skin. There is a diet for opioid constipation that mentioned, grapes, watermelon, plums that could help add some fibre.

I have really been dealing with a lot of abdominal pain, as well as the inner hip which is causing nasty groin pain. With taking so much laxatives daily and spending much "potty" time aggravates the situation.

I was reading up on the Bupranorphine you mentioned you were taking. It appears sometimes it is used for those trying to lower their opioid dose/rehab as well as it's use for chronic pain without all the constipation.

This sounded very interesting. I am dealing with a fairly high does of Oxycontin; not sure how this might offer some type of replacement. Are you on a very high dose? How often a day do you take it? I think it is subliminal. Is this something that you keep under your tongue for a fairly long period? Hope you don't mind all the questions. Pretty much at a loss what to do.

The constipation has cost me so many problems throughout the past few years. The Movantik, is too harsh and can put you into very nasty withdrawal. Because of this, I declined my PM's suggestion I take it. I had an awful time and was quite nauseated, chilled, etc. when I tried the Amitiza last year.

Hope all is going well with the DDdogs and the new kid on the block...

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-27-2017)