View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 01:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Thanks for the replies

Y'all are so sweet and I really appreciate it.

Well the medicine the dr sent for my mom isn't going to work out. It just threw her for a whammy.......in her mind I mean ! It's called Dronabinol and when I read the leaflet it's for cancer chemotherapy patients that have problems with throwing up and nausea. And it has an orally active cannabinoid in it. Not good for dementia patients !

So......I'll call the dr back tomorrow and let him know it made her dementia worse....she was so bad that I would not want to try it long enough to let her get use to it.

My 6th grade grandson has always been close to my mom but when he heard us talking about her weight he's really been over there a lot more. A few weeks ago he taught her to high five and fist bump.....so funny and she just laughs when they do it.

My mom doesn't mind the Ensure as long as it's vanilla flavored. I think her taste is pretty much gone....probably from the smoking or maybe the dementia I don't know.

I did call the pool place and they are going to open it on April 3rd.....That gives me something to look forward to.

Yep.....I have had a rough few years that's for sure. Started when I got laid off in Sept 2012 and has just kept on and on and on. This is my life and I just have to live it the best I can I guess.

I did have one good thing happen today ! I got a pedicure and for the first time in 3 years they were able to use the jets in the water ! That's pretty major for me since the SFN started....lol....of course they are pretty sore tonight but not in extreme pain as I have been before after getting my feet done.

Thanks everyone.....y'all make this a very easy place to share and feel the love.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-27-2017), eva5667faliure (01-27-2017), ger715 (01-28-2017), Kitty (01-28-2017)