Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Thanks Pam, I am aware of warnings not to use Metamucil for those on opioids because of too much fibre; but read items like the grapes, apricots were natural laxatives/fibre and good for those with opioid constipation. Now I am wondering....especially about the spurts that are happening.

(Miralax is the recommended laxative for opioid constipation which I take 3 - 4 doses daily. It rules our life because of fear of even going out for a few hours and the possible messing/cramping that goes on most of the day. I can take 3 doses for a few days; then all at once on the 3rd or 4th day of taking 3 doses, I start having problems and need to take 4 doses to get things moving again. It's a vicious circle. Also the constant stomach upheaval and pain. Not nice. That along with the hip bursitis and groin pain make my PN and spinal issues seem very small in comparison.

I read the Subliminal Temgesic/buprenorphine can oppose the effect of other opioid pain killers that may be given at the same time because they can block the receptors from acting and cause withdrawal and increase pain. As previsouly mentioned, it appears they are often used in rehab to counter the action of the opioid receptors acting somewhat as an antagonist to opioid receptors. Confusing...

A few months ago, I was taking 60mgs. of Oxycontin every 6 hrs. I have sinced reduced to 60mgs. every 8 hrs so am taking 180mgs. daily of Oxycontin rather than the 240mgs. I had been taking. I also take two to two and a half 7.5 Oxycondone/Percocet daily. It would appear this would be a long way of reduction before being able to take the Temgesic.

You say you take the Temgesic 1 instead of 2 every 6 hrs.
How high of a dose are each of the subliminal tablets you are taking???

Again, Pam thanks for your input, you and I, in so many ways, have many similar issues going on.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote