View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 03:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Unhappy Very sad news

Dear All,

It has been a terrible week for my family and I am completely heartbroken. Ba-ba initially rallied but then quickly declined a week later. I made the agonizing decision to let her go on Wednesday. We will never know for sure what happened. We did learn via an ultrasound that the nodule in her chest was actually much larger than was seen on x-ray. It is suspected that she had an underlying lymphoma that contributed to her becoming so ill. She started have generalized pain and I didn't want her to suffer, she'd already gone through too much. The home visit vet came to euthanize her which was peaceful and without stress for dear Ba. She passed comfortably in her favorite chair being gently petted by my son and I. An ocean of tears have been cried already here and I know there will be more to come.

I am grateful that she had a few days of feeling good, eating good and getting much love before she had to go. I will never forget the many profound lessons she has taught me about love. She was an amazing companion and I was truly blessed to have known her.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-28-2017), mrsD (01-28-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-05-2017)