View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 09:02 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hi Hotfoot,

A word on the ketamine protocols...if you get in a bind and need something added to your routine, weekly ketamine may actually be able to help. The majority of studies are done on the 10 day treatment but there are other methods. My PM now only administers ketamine once a week at his clinic and that seems to be working for many of his patients. For me, it was the build up over time of weekly then bi-weekly, then every 3 weeks, etc that helped break my pain cycle. Now, like Shay, I only go every 3 months for a one session booster. This has been keeping things pretty under control and going once a week was a lot easier on me in the beginning both physically and financially. My cost per session is in keeping with Shay's as well. My infusions run $300.
Thanks for this information Littlepaw. It is good to know that with the buildup of time your pain cycle was broken. This is important for anyone starting any ketamine protocol to know. It may not be instant, constant relief. Give whatever protocol you are on a chance to work. Unfortunately this can be difficult for people who don't have insurance that will cover it and are trying to come up with the money to pay for it.

I just met a woman during my last infusion who travels a long distance to get her infusions. She said that her boosters had been reduced to every 6 months and she was doing well, but when they went to every year, she started to have difficulties again. It really is a balancing act for each individual. She also mentioned that not every state will allow the two week protocol or an inpatient protocol. (I don't know how accurate this is.) She decided to travel the long distance to continue her ketamine infusions where they were first started since her results were so good.

Littlepaw, knowing that the protocol you are on has helped many others should be encouraging for those who are still seeking a treatment that may help them.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hotfoot53 (01-29-2017), RSD ME (01-29-2017)