View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Elaine,

Just like you I've had myoclonic seizures and I had to have a sleep study done along with a e.e.g. and e.k.g. to find out I was having seizures in my sleep. I didn't realize it was happening until I felt more tired in the morning when I woke up and I knew I had gotten plenty of sleep.
I started taking vimpat 300 mg. a day and since then the myoclonic seizures stopped but I'm still dealing with absence and complex partial seizures along with simple partial (aura) seizures which I've had for many yrs. My Dr. told me to stop drinking coffee and anything with caffeine in it and that was a big help stopping the myoclonic seizures.
Please take note when these seizures happen like if there's a low pressure in the weather, you're not feeling well, or if you have been on a cell phone for awhile during the day. All of these things can trigger seizures form some people. I found out being around a lot of people using cell phones triggered seizures for me and that was because my brain is sensitive to the frequency that cell phones use and in turn it causes seizures. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Thanks so much, Sue, for sharing your history. My seizures just started last Spring (except for two isolated early seizures, one in 2012 and one in 2014).

I also had about 5 episodes of moving while dreaming and falling out of bed. This is highly unusual, and is what triggered the sleep study with EEG. But nothing showed up. I have a bed rail on my bed now, to prevent me from falling out.

I had all of the tests you mentioned in 2013 and 2014 and no seizures showed up.

I'm seeing an Epilepsy neurologist tomorrow morning. I came down with bronchitis on Thursday afternoon, but if I can possibly go to the appointment I will, because it will be ages before I can make another one.

This is the first time I've been sick in 3 years. I started IVIG three years ago, and was so pleased with not being sick that I'm rather devastated by this illness. My husband got sick the week before...so this is his first illness in many years, as well.

I'll let you know what the doctor decides I'm trying not to expect 'too much'.
I, of course, want some miracles.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote