View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi SJD0001,

Thank you for posting the xray.

You have several, possibly all 8, badly infected teeth in your upper right quadrant and several areas of bacterial and cystic infections in the jaw bone in the vicinity of those teeth.

The infected teeth are what is causing the masses to develop and unfortunately the teeth are not salvageable. The infected teeth, the areas of infected bone, and the cysts need to be surgical removed all at the same time to give you the best chance of a positive outcome. If you do not remove all of this infection and infected teeth at the same time, you will need additional surgeries as the infection will continue to be virulent and progressive. It may not be possible to remove the cysts from the extraction openings due to their size and what they may be attached to. The surgeon may need to make an additional entry into the bone or the sinus to remove them. Has your dentist talked to you at all about how the sinus may be involved in this?

Do not see a general dentist for any of this surgery, they are not qualified to take on this case. You need to see an oral maxillofacial surgeon. I sincerely urge you to not wait because based on the severity and size of this infection it has been brewing for a very long time. This type of infection could make you very ill. It needs to be taken care of surgically as soon as possible.

Is the upper left quadrant in the same predicament as this one? If so, then it would be wise to speak to the oral surgeon about that quadrant as well and if needed, remove all of your infected upper teeth and replace them with a full removable denture. Leaving any infected teeth or infected cysts will prevent the jaw from healing properly and new infections will develop. This surgery has to be done extremely well and very thorough.

I'm sorry to give you this news.... but please do not let your fear distract you from getting this taken care of properly. Your health is definitely at risk with this infection.... so please make your health your focus over your fear.

Check back when you can and give us an update on how you're doing.

Bryanna

QUOTE=SJD001;1234927]Hi,

Attached is the image of the 2 cysts of my Jaw.

Thanks,

Sanjay[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SJD001 (03-06-2017)