View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
I have this and it is secondary to my SFN. I believe PAD causes terrible leg pain when walking, doing activity, etc. Sounds more like manifestation of your neuropathy.
Thanks this is very reassuring. I do have terrible pain in my legs and arms during the night or while resting. It's throbbing and very deep in my calves, shins, knees and feet and is rather different to the SFN burning pain I suffered from for a few years. But the worst of this pain was in my soles so it makes some sense that this is now manifesting as shine.

I fret because my mum died prematurely from severe Atherosclerosis and I have the early clinical signs of this too - hence my question. I also have unexplained weakness in my arms and hands while resting. But I know I have sustained damage in my feet from the SFN so this is hopefully the culprit for the shininess and Raynauds attacks.

I'm also being checked for possibly Scleroderma and Vasculitus so these are possible culprits for my leg and arm pain too. My EMG and NCS were normal a few months ago so I was wondering if all this could relate to poor circulation caused by diseased arteries. I will see a podiatrist in a few weeks and he says he can tell if this is the case. My feet are fairly numb these days as a result of the SFN.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (01-31-2017)