Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 06:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gerry, this is a reduced excerpt of some info online re temgesic.

There is evidence to indicate therapeutic doses of buprenorphine do not reduce the analgesic efficacy of standard doses of an opioid agonist and that when buprenorphine is employed within the normal therapeutic range, standard doses of opioid agonist may be administered before the effects of the former have ended without compromising analgesia. However, in individuals on high doses of opioids buprenorphine may precipitate abstinence effects due to its properties as a partial agonist.

I hope that helps somewhat, but tbh your treating practitioner or PM will be the best source of information. I see getting Oxy for chronic pain (other than cancer) in the US is going to get significantly harder so if you can precipate the conversation with your practitioners before possibly being forced into discussing it might be beneficial. Although with your cancer history you may be alright? Don't quote me because as you know I don't live in the US so what I've read and heard could be well off base.

Movicol comes in half sachets as well as full sachets, they also have a child's dose. Would your miralax maybe have the same concept? It might be worth you having 3 sachets One day and the next 3 1/2 then 3 and so on. I know when I was on the fully ramped Oxy along with the 100mg fentanyl patch I was on 4 movicol sachets a day - 2 in the am and 2 in the evening. I travelled to the UK and it was a true nightmare managing the back pain, the stomach bloat pain and the risk of obstruction even though on such a high dose. You have my sympathy my friend. Life is cruel at times.
ger715 (01-31-2017)