Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
With all the attention about doctors over prescribing opioids; my PM has asked a couple of months ago for me to lessen my dose from 4 60mg's of Oxy per day to 3 doses of 60mg's a day.

He now wants me to cut back further. I had never wanted to be on this high of a dose in the first place. Each time my PM would do an Epidural, he would come in the recuperation room and asked if I felt any better; I would say "no" because I just had come out from being on my belly and injection in my spine; of course I would not feel the effects yet. So he says; we'll up you another 10/20 mg's. I said "oh no". He tells me don't worry when the time comes, I'll help you come down.

I believe he had in mind the SCS because when the series of Epidurals ended; now came the push to get an SCS trial. I eventually gave in to what was a very unsuccessful trial; but now was on a total of 240mg's daily of Oxycontin and up to 4) 7.5 Percocets per day for break thru pain. With the rectal cancer 4 years ago; he no longer pushes for another trial or the possibility of an SCS.

Thanks for all the info Pam. You have been quite helpful.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-31-2017)