View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 06:01 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywired View Post
I've had various drs tell me that if there's not temp and color changes its not spreading. But I'm skeptical. This all started in my r toes after ankle fracture + surgery in aug. Now I have pain in r hand , wrist, bicep, shoulder. Not bad at rest but if I soi much as text or use right hand to hold phone its very uncomfortable. Will try to write more later.
I believe there is disagreement among doctors on this subject. It probably also depends on where they trained and how much experience they have actually had with CRPS patients. I can tell you that I was diagnosed with "spread" without any temp or color changes. My doctor suspected that the pain was CRPS spread but I was in denial. I actually had x-rays and other tests to make sure that I didn't have arthritis or any other problem that could be causing the pain. I get ketamine infusions and when I went for an infusion it took care of the pain. Fortunately, the infusions help keep things under control.

If the pain continues, you should probably consider tests to find any possible causes. You would not want to miss something that could be easily treated. You can have CRPS and another problem as well.

Good luck.

Shay
Shay08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (01-31-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-01-2017), RSD ME (02-04-2017)