Old 01-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Melody

I'm glad to hear you're back to your strong, feisty self but really you should be taking it a bit easier if you can. Aren't you able to access some sort of home help service to take some of the load off you for caring for Alan? Or what about the driver of the car that hit you - doesn't his insurance cover liability for providing home support for you while you recover?

Please don't overdo it and set back your own recovery.
You are absolutely right in evrything you said only it doesn't work that way. I only recently had the visiting nurse to come and evaluate me for home P/T and visiting nurse. I got approved. That means nothing. I am waiting for someone to call me to arrange appointments to come here. I called today and was told "Someone will be calling you".

So it's all on me. Taking care of Alan (who is so tired I can't tell you).
He has no fever, never had one. No swollen anything. The nurse examined him, his vitals were good, she just said 'give him fluids and feed him protein".

It's been over 2 weeks. He just got up to come into the kitchen to eat something then went right back to bed.

I texted Dr. Fred who said 'Might be Epstein Barr". That's Mono. I know about this.

35 years ago, Alan was stricken by a FEVER OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN. He was tired but he had this FEVER. They put him in the hospital in isolation and because it had no name, they sent him home for 2 months and he sat there until he got better. I know this virus can linger in the body.

He last took a blood test when they took him to Lutheran last week.

Here are some of the results. If any of you think any of these things can be Epstein Barr, please tell me. (not that I can do anything but I just want to know). I'm just typing the ones that kicked out as abnormal.

And I just asked him if he had a sore throat, pain on his left side, tenderness on his left side, swollen glands, etc etc. He said NO.

CBC with differential
White Blood Cell count - 7.2
Red Blood Cell Count 3.88
Hemoglobin 10.7
Hematocrit - 33.3
Neutophils - 77
Lymphocytes - 15
Lymphocytes Absolute 1.1

Hepatic Panel
Albumin 2.7
Bilirubin Direct 0.21

Phosphorus Inorganic 2.2

If you need any other numbers that might say AHA, HE'S GOT EB, I'll provide them.

See, we just don't know if it's the flu, EB or whatever. I mean, he's alert, he's eating, he's drinking, he is just tired (which could be flu related or any virus related). Everybody around here has the flu (if that helps).

Thanks so much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-31-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Important fact
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote