View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We have been so happy with our ns. He is Dr. John Treves at Midwest Neurosurgery. We met him before Megs was born and he has never made a decision I have felt uncomfortable with or like I wasn't a part of. He has called us when he isn't on call to check on us, called us on his way home to answer questions after being in surgery all day, hugged me when I was a devastated mommy, remembered our names every visit, and talks to Jack too. The office staff there (esp. Dr. T's scheduling clerk) is excellent too. Sara (the sch. clerk) remembered my name the first time we went there! She is great. There have been 2 other ns's that have taken care of Megs when Treves was out of town. Dr. Puccioni was also excellent and is in the same office as Treves. I don't remember the other guy's name cause he was just covering for the weekend and only did an externalization. He was really nice though and waited to do surgery at my request because he looked so tired I didn't want him cutting on my daughter. He came back the next day looking much better and then did surgery. I haven't heard any bad names around here... but I don't like the way Dr. Hellbusch spoke to me. He is supposed to be "the" doctor to see, but he is rude. I also think he is retiring. I have heard many more doctors NOT to see as far as neurologists. We love our neuro though. Dr. Pavkovic is great. His office staff needs work, but at least his nurse is nice.
MegNJaxMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote