View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 12:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
I'm sure there must be loads of overlap. I have shiny feet and sometimes hands. It's in the front of my feet. For me I'm sure that's the sfn damage to my skin making it thinner, more translucent and therefore shinier. Thin damaged skin (which sfn will cause) is going to look shiny in places if it's bad enough.
My feet feel like ice blocks to touch but burn sensation wise.
I have this weakness severely. I know this symptom you describe. Sometimes so bad it takes everything I have not to lie down all day. My legs are real bad. Autoimmune action is known to cause horrendous fatigue. If it feels like more than that to you - mine certainly is more than this - then it could be lots of other things. Nerve damage at a different level to sfn, myositis, or mitochondrial disorders are key possible culprits. It could also be neither. My research and discussions with neuro keep coming back to these 3 possibilities.
Thanks Joanna. My nerve conduction studies and EMG showed nothing at all so it's not Myositis for me. I think it must be SFN but I'm a bit baffled by the colour changes in feet which are clearly Raynauds related. I don't get this much in my hands - very occasionally my fingers turn bright white but it's not usually weather related. Toes and soles regularly turn luminous white and it is weather related. This is what makes me so confused about the pain - is it SFN or is it my dodgy circulation/ vascular/ mitochondrial ? It goes if keep moving but is horribly painful when I'm still.

I fret because both my parents had similar issues and both died suddenly of cardiac arrest at 73 years old. My mum was found by the coroner to have severe Atherosclerosis. She had unnamed circulation issues and similar weakness latterly along with vascular dementia. My dad had a rare type of heritary late onset diabetes. Not a great legacy!

Can SFN cause Raynauds do you know - or visa versa?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases

Last edited by MAT52; 02-01-2017 at 12:45 PM.
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote