View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When mine spread it was the same burning pain and sensitivity to touch...but a lot of the other symptoms came and went and were not as severe as the initial location of the CRPS. Part of that I think is that I knew what to do for it and was getting treatment for CRPS already. For example...I feel like my initial site of CRPS progressed worse, faster because they had me treating with ice and doing other things that just were not helping and actually make me worse. When it was spreading...I was more knowledgeable and knew not to ice and all that.

Even still...I had so many tests done and saw so many doctors to confirm that it was in fact CRPS spread...because there were other things that were affecting me as well that were contributing to problems I was having (seratonin syndrome being the big one from my meds). It's very easy for us and for some doctors to just say, "It's spreading." But really there could be other stuff going on so you never just want to take for granted that all new problems are related to CRPS...because they could be treatable and easily fixed.

I hope you find the answer soon. Take care and keep us posted.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (02-03-2017), Littlepaw (02-01-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-05-2017), RSD ME (02-04-2017), Shay08 (02-04-2017)