View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

MOD

The way my vest. therapist explained CSD/PPPD to me is that there is still a physiological reason for the dizziness because your brain has learned a conditioned response to any stimulus to always be dizzy and it is somewhat based in an anxiety-like response. (or something like that) I know it is confusing, but she specifically told me that the diagnosis does not mean that it is psychological or that it is just all anxiety.

Anyways, the search goes on... I have a couple questions for you... Are you able to work? If so, what do you do and how much? I have a hard time trying to balance the search for things that could help me with trying to "move on with my life". Have any tips?

I have been seeing a PT that is highly skilled in fixing posture with methods such as Feldenkraus. It has helped my neck problems a bit and eased some of the muscle tension. I always had bad posture, so I know that was part of the problem. I may try dry needling as well.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote