View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, are you currently taking anything? I would never say it won't work for you or anyone, I have just learned to be cautious, sometimes side effects can mask themselves or sometimes you may not even realizing it is the medication that is causing a problem.

What type of allodynia do you get? I have this symptom as well. It is mainly sensitivity to the clothes around my "trunk" as the docs like to call it (aka sides, back and stomach). How spread out do your flares seem to be? This is what really perplexes me. My history has been three years ago I had my first bad flare and it lasted about 6 months of sensitivity to my clothes. Then the occasional mild flare in between. Next big flare was a year later and lasted over 6 months. Again have had a week long flare here and there since but nothing consistent/long term. What kind of pattern do yours follow? You would think the "flaring" pattern would tell docs something but never seems to interest them when I bring it up. It has been about a year since that last flare (although I took Lyrica in between so that may have helped keep it at bay) and now a month medication and flare free.

I completely understand the feeling when you feel so good and then hit that huge flare. Again you are not alone! It is hard for 20 somethings to accept these things as well especially the uncertainty! I still (even though I know it is foolish) cannot accept that another flair will occur. I really do wonder if it will happen again and feel hopeful it won't. But this will be a harsh reality to re-enter if/when it does flair again.

Hyperexcitability was a term they used a lot with me for the first couple of years. Do you have any other symptoms? I also get some triggered sensations that come without flairs - like the feeling of water running down my legs when i get too warm or sometimes when I am cold I feel like I have bugs crawling on my legs. Weird stuff but all I can handle.
boiler1993 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NicoAvA (02-07-2017)