View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 01:29 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Heart Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post

You listed your B12 in your list as "elevated"...and that appears to be a typo or error? You do need to take B12 properly to have it be absorbed.
That means on an empty stomach once a day.
Absolutely! I am sorry for that error. I did mean low, especially as I read from here that 400 is the new low, and elsewhere I learned that in Japan they can consider 500 to be the cut-off for a low plasma concentration. Is there any way I would be permitted to edit my post? If not, would a moderator be allowed to just change it from 'Elevated' to 'Low'?

In light of my blood test, would you recommend continuing to supplement B12? I take B12 on an empty stomach, along with my medication, and vitamin D. Prior to the daily B12 supplementation I used to wait about an hour before eating; should I extend that waiting period? I've no problem doing so.

I am searching for a new doctor as my current one is reluctant to issue blood tests or for some reason 'compromises' and allows one or two things but not others, which is aggravating. I discuss my decisions with my dietician, who in turn does consult with doctors she knows; I'm in the process of getting their details but communication with her is slow.

As for zinc, I am happy to add this to my test. I started taking selenium, zinc, and iodine as I was advised they were useful for thyroid disorders. Having looked at my diet I can see lentils contain a great deal of zinc, and at the volume I eat them, I think I will stop taking it. My symptoms seemed more noticeable since taking zinc (about a few months ago).

Thank you for the advice about anxiety and breathing. I practice appropriate breathing when I am anxious and it works wonders. Still, I can forget sometimes. In addition, I suspect fluoxetine to be a culprit in this but also, I know very well the physical changes that happen with me when I am anxious, including tingling. However, this suspected PN seems constant.

I am so grateful to you for responding. Looking back at my post I can see it was a wall of text and I thought that perhaps it would put people off. Thank you again.
Kittygiggles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-05-2017), echoes long ago (02-04-2017)