View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sanjay,

I know, you've mentioned that you want conservative treatment previously. If there was such a thing for your case, I would definitely be offering it to you.

However, your infections are severe. The teeth became decayed and infected and the infection has spread into your jaw bone and possibly your sinus. Root canal therapy will not cure the infected teeth and make them healthy again. It would be a waste of your time and money and the teeth will need to be extracted. The cysts can only be removed surgically because they are attached to the teeth and have grown into the tissue and bone. The surgeon needs to remove the teeth to be able to get a clearer view of the severity of the cysts and if there is sinus involvement.

Root canal therapy cannot cure infected teeth because it is not possible to remove all of the infected nerve tissue. The procedure is done to "retain" infected teeth for an uncertain amount of time.

Some dentists will root canal a tooth and then do a surgical procedure called an apicoectomy to clean out some of the cyst from the bone. This combination of treatment still does not cure the infection in the tooth and it does not remove the entire cyst. Again, extraction is inevitable.

Unfortunately, the only way to attempt to cure the infection is to extract the teeth and do a surgical removal of the cysts and all infected bone.

I wish I could give you better news.... I'm sorry, there is no alternative to the oral surgery. Please be sure to see an oral maxillofacial surgeon and not a general dentist for the surgery.

Take care,
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD001 View Post
Hello Bryanna,

Thanks for such a thorough answer.

I want Conservative & Non-Surgical Treatment of my Cysts done, so for this RCT is done on the teeth concerned, so if I do RCT on 2 teeth of mine then can my 2 Cysts be treated and healed ?

Thanks,

Sanjay

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SJD001 (03-06-2017)