View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Living Dazed,

Welcome back. I see it has been just over a year since you posted. I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling so. I understand the visual and auditory processing issues as they are my primary struggles.

Is the APS diagnosis based on blood work or a cluster of symptoms ?

Early in my recovery, I had a number of activities that I switched between. Sometimes, 10 or 20 minutes was my limit. Other times, I could go longer. I improved as I learned how to get better sleep.

Have you learned how to recognize an impending brain dive so you can switch tasks before your brain takes a dive ? For me, it was a slight bit of focus struggles or need to reread a line of text or not understanding what I just heard. If I switched tasks before the brain dive, I would recover faster. I got a lot of exercise going up and down the stairs from my office to TV room to garage/shop a couple times a hour.

I recently learned the physiology that makes good sleep an imperative to regaining brain function and health. The brain can only detoxify during slow wave sleep. The neurons can heal during REM sleep but the detoxification is the most important function.

I haven't worked since Oct 2006. I understand the frustration, boredom and the rest. We've been trying to find land to build on so I can have a real shop to try to stay busy in. I wish you well as you take on the task of building.

I'm meeting with a new neuro next month. She takes a holistic view of neurology even though she is an MD. It will be interesting.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-24-2017), Living_Dazed (02-04-2017), mfurest (02-03-2018)