View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 11:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
People who are anxious types breathe differently than others and this leads to minor increases in acid in the blood. Learning to breathe more normally can help this and reduce tingling feelings in those patients. There are many meditation sites on the net that teach calming breathing, and they can be very helpful for overly anxious patients. Some doctors use low dose tryptophan for their patients coming off SSRI's. Discuss this with your doctor. You can search this topic also on Google.
This is super interesting to me because the last neurologist I saw tried telling me that I don't actually have neuropathy and that I'm just an anxious breather/hyperventilating. He said he could tell because I sighed a lot and my blood pressure was through the roof (which it only ever is when I go to appointments) - I said this would cause numbness in my feet, burning in my legs, and tingling all over? He couldn't answer that. I have an autoimmune disease (RA) and a positive ANA but my neuropathy doesn't respond to prednisone or any immunosuppressive medication, also doesn't respond to LDN. I haven't found ONE doctor that thinks my neuropathy is autoimmune mediated, where as I can't figure out how it isn't autoimmune mediated. But... you know, the fun of neuropathy is figuring out why it's happening, right? (that's sarcasm, of course)
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (02-05-2017)