View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 12:57 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default 3 months into my 4th concussion... really scared

Hello all,

I am 19 years old. So, long story short, like the above says I am 3 months into my 4th concussion. I have made zero progress in these last 3 months, and I'm getting really anxious and depressed about my situation and am afraid that this one won't improve.

I wrestled in high school, and the first concussion I got my sophomore year, received when I slammed my head on the mat after being caught in a takedown, only lasted for a week or two before I recovered. My second concussion (junior year) was incurred the same way. However, this one lasted 6 months, and it was hell.

Thankfully, I made a complete recovery from that one. Flash forward to last summer, before college, and I hit my head at work and received another concussion. I was devastated, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as the previous one synptomatically. Mostly vestibular stuff.

I made the decision to delay my college start until it was gone. Frustrating, but I felt it was necessary. And by the end of October, I was feelig recovered.

Until on November 13th, I fainted in my bathroom after work. I awoke with two bruises on my head, one on the side and one on the back. I was absolutely devastated. Still have no idea why I fainted. That has never happened to me before or since. Within days, I began to feel horrendous. Headaches, mental fog, nausea, sensitivity to noise and light, the works. And these symptoms have not let up at all.

So I'm still not in school, and I'm horribly depressed. I'm so tired of doing this concussion recovery stuff. I don't want to do it anymore. I want to go to college. I miss my friends. I recently went through a bad break up. I see a therapist weekly and it isn't really helping. I have made zero progress at all. If anything, I feel worse. My headaches have increased in the last few weeks.

I've tried chiropractkr, and am beginning physical therapy. But I could barely
Make it through my consultation for the PT. I felt like I was going to pass out just from speaking to the doctor, and I have felt horrible since that appointment with bad headaches.

Have I hit my head too much? Does the fact I recovered completely from
My other concussions mean anything? do I still have a chance to get my life back? I'm really scared and frustrated. It just feels so unfair.
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote