View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Jace,

I haven't been on this site for a while, too. Hit my 4-year mark on Oct, 2016. Thank you for the update on your status. Your struggles are numerous, but as always you meet them with a gracious optimism! Glad to see your spirit still stays strong!

I am glad that you have a special place to have hobbies or just escape to. I have been able to sing more frequently for longer durations, for which I am grateful. My husband just told me yesterday he missed my singing! So did I! And although I probably will never be able to sing with a group of people again, I am grateful for the solos I can do more often.

I hope you can find some good hobbies that give you a healthy outlet without tiring you out too soon. I am able to read larger print for longer periods of time now, and I find that a healthy outlet.

About the Neurologist that doesn't believe your neurological fatigue...you have suffered a stroke along with a traumatic brain injury. You probably have more neurological fatigue because of both. Doctors can be sincere, but they can be sincerely wrong. You aren't using this as an excuse to not get better, but rather as information to help you get better.

So don't let that opinion negate all you have already experienced and have recovered from so far. Keep up your good work and celebrate your victories, however small!

Take care, M-i-m
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-24-2017), Living_Dazed (02-07-2017)