View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchlake View Post
Catra, this is pretty much my exact situation. I am currently experiencing what I think is a "mirror image spread" from my right foot to my left foot. Almost the exact same affected area. Because I have recognized the potential for spread early, I am hitting it with everything I know and the symptoms are not as severe as my initial CRPS diagnosis in 2008, when I was told to immobilize the joint, use ice, etc. But I am seeing the discoloration and temp changes and burning pain. I've been documenting all of this along with a pain journal for my dreaded appt. with my primary CRPS doctor.

To Haywired, this dang condition of CRPS truly has a mind of its own and everybody has a slightly different story to tell. I believe that it is one of the most misunderstood conditions of the human body, even by health care professionals. Best of luck to you in figuring it out. We with CRPS are of course nervous of any potential spread to be sure, but not every malady/symptom that we experience is indicative of CRPS spread, many things can seem like spread, but they are not. So be methodical about it, get good care and do not hesitate to get multiple opinions if you feel necessary. Stay on it until you get the answer that is correct and the one you agree with and that you deserve. We are our own best (and often only) health care advocate!

Hi Birchlake-
Spreading is controversial for MDs. But I've learned one thing to share here. When spreading it can be the neurons being "confused" for lack of a better word. So when I have pain in my foot and it's completely healed from the surgery, it's still acting like it needs to protect my foot from injury. I've have my my Armand "good leg" get caught up in the confusion and start being painful and burning. My PT has me stepping on two pieces of different colored paper in front of a mirror while watching and saying left- right to get my brain reprogrammed to not accept the burning in the previously good foot. So far it's been working.
I'm hoping your days are better soon!
Hotfoot53
Hotfoot53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (02-04-2017), PurpleFoot721 (02-05-2017), RSD ME (02-05-2017), Shay08 (02-06-2017)