View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As you all know, I am participating in the Stanford Parkinson’s Plasma Study. There is so much interest in this that the researchers and I do not want to raise expectations unrealistically. This is a Phase I feasibility study, not anywhere close to ready for prime time. They have all the applicants needed and a full waiting list.
This is what they are doing: “The investigator proposes to test the safety and efficacy of transfusing young plasma into PD participants, in order to establish its effects on motor and cognitive functions in participants in a Phase 1 study. The successful completion of this study will inform the design of future, larger and multicenter studies with the goal to determine whether infusions of young plasma can ameliorate the neurodegenerative symptoms and underlying pathophysiology in Parkinson's disease.”
Realistically, this study will take a long time. They have to test and analyze the data, then write up their findings. Then, if warranted, they will move to a Phase II study, and then Phase III. So, whereas this is truly exciting, general applications for the public are not just around the corner. It’s not time to hold your breath. However, I will continue to provide updates.
Transfusions 3 and 4 went as before, only a little more efficient, which we all decided was appropriate since #3 was on Groundhog Day. Just like the movie, we do it over and over. Other than being exceedingly tired, probably from sitting still most of the day at the hospital and at airports, nothing seems different today so far.
Thanks for so much support.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (02-04-2017), Betsy859 (02-05-2017), eds195 (02-05-2017), zanpar321 (02-04-2017)