View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 08:08 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
nickd,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear you are struggling so.

You say you have headaches, mental fog, nausea, sensitivity to noise and light, the works. What other symptoms are you experiencing ? Did you have these same symptoms with your previous concussions ?

What have you done besides chiro and starting PT ?

What did the chiro do ? Did he do the 'twist the head and pop the neck' adjustment ? Anything else ?

What has the PT done ?

How is your sleep ? Are you getting good deep sleep or restless sleep ?

What kind of work do you do ? Are you living on your own or at home ? Is it a quiet, low stress environment ?

Do you remember what you were doing before you passed out ?

Are you doing anything to provide good brain nutrition? Check out the vitamins sticky ?

Are you taking any medications ?

Hello mark, thank you for your reply.

My symptoms are mainly centered around cognitive difficulty. I get bad headaches whenever I use my brain too much (such as on screens, or in long conversations.) They are the same symptoms I had with my second, 6 month PCS rodeo. I also have had neck stiffness, and a strange strobe effect in my peripheral vision in dim light settings.

Regarding treatment, the chiropractor did the neck snap thing on a few visits. He also adjusted my jaw for good measure. Tomorrow I begin cognitive speech therapy at the Cantu clinic.

My sleep isn't great. I go to sleep aroind the same time every night, but wake up without fail at 3-4 am and then doze off in and out until about 9.

I was working retail, but have taken the last few months off to rest. I live with my mother

I take magnesium, vitamin d, omega 3's (high DHA), and juice plus nutritional supplements. I also began taking amitriptyline.
nickd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote