View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 01:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Kittygiggles

Welcome to NT. I understand the journey you're on to seek answers to your condition. Have been through much of it and like you got a massive amount of help from the wonderful posters here on Neurotalk.

Just a couple of things to add: Zinc overload is possible - although it will only become apparent slowly (and insidiously). I had that after being on a prescription dose of 50mg Elemental Zinc daily for more than 2.5 years (no follow up testing, monitoring or warnings provided!) I note that you've already stopped supplementing which is great - unless you have clinical symptoms that you may be low (eg bruises that won't heal), I would recommend not starting again without further testing. I developed PN before starting zinc and it didn't seem to affect the PN either positively or negatively. (My PN is probably secondary to an autoimmune condition).

You've probably already found in your research that Prozac can be a cause of PN so this may be your most likely cause. PN can also occur secondary to hypothyroidism - even when the condition is well manged. Also have you had your selenium blood level tested? - PN can some times be caused by too much selenium.

All the best for finding answers - keep us posted on how you get on.

Last edited by bluesfan; 02-05-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: grammar
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kittygiggles (02-08-2017)